Monday, February 6, 2012

Choice Wheat

"But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers" (Luke 22:32).

Simon Peter loved Jesus as much as any man could and he was so confident in his love that he told his Friend, "Even if all fall away on account of you, I never will" (Matthew 26:33). Little did he realize how human he was. "I will help you over the waters," Jesus says to us all (Matthew 14:29), "but you must have unsinkable faith that I can and will bring you through."

"My friend," Jesus says to us, "Satan will sift you as wheat, and you will come out as My choice wheat because I believe in you. Though you stumble, you will not fall, for I uphold you right now with My nail pierced hands. I trust you with all My own breaking heart, as I did My servant Job. I knew Satan wouldn't win with Job. He won't win this battle with you, either, for I, your Shepherd and your Savior, am praying for you that you will come through triumphant over this.

"Will it comfort you to know that I don't waste irreplaceable time on chaff? You see, I can't afford to waste time, either, for it is only in your short lifetime that I can convince you that I love you so much I would give My very life again for you. I know what you are and I know that, with faith, you can rise above and beyond what is past and is now and will be.

"And when you have come through the valley, I want you to help others through their valleys and up to My mountain. Above all, I want you to remember, `The past troubles will be forgotten...The former things will not be remembered...The sound of weeping...will be heard...in it no more' (Isaiah 65:16,17,19). "I'm praying for you right now. Right now I give you the valley of Achor for a door of hope. The valley is My resting place for you while you search for Me (Isaiah 65:10). Your affliction is My affection, as difficult as that is. Just know beyond any doubt that I know you and love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment