Monday, May 20, 2013

Dear Phil!

I just received an email from a very dear friend named Phil. Phil is the person who started me on Internet, the first to publish my devotions and to encourage me to continue. I am so grateful to him. He will be having major surgery soon, and I am asking prayers for him. There are some people who grace this earth with that extra in the extraordinary - Phil is one of these people!

God bless you, dear friend! I'm sending some verses to you that I put together when our son Dan was so ill. I pray they will help:

"[Phil] shall live again and God's program shall prosper in [his] hands" (Isaiah 53:10).

"[God] nurses [Phil] when [he is] sick and soothes [his] pain and worries" (Psalm 41:3).

"The Lord [stands] at [Phil's] side and [gives him] strength" (2 Timothy 4:17).

"The God of all grace...will himself restore you, [Phil], and make you strong..." (Peter 5:10).

"He gives power to the tired and worn out, and strength to the weak" (Isaiah 40:29).

"He will carry [Phil, His lamb] in his arms..." (Isaiah 40:11).

"For I know the plans I have for you, [Phil], plans for good...to give you a future and a hope" (Jer 29:11).

"My God will meet all your needs... [Phil]" (Philippians 4:19).

No comments:

Post a Comment