Thursday, July 11, 2013

We're all important!

T
H
I
N
K

A
B
O
U
T

I
T
~ Every Instrument is Necessary ~

A conductor was rehearsing his great orchestra. The organ was rolling, giving beautiful melody. The drums were thundering. The trumpets were blaring out. The violins were singing beautifully. Suddenly something seemed wrong. Someone in the orchestra had thought, With all this going on, I can rest a while. This is a rehearsal anyway.
The conductor threw up his arms and said, "Where's the piccolo?"
The piccolo player said, "I'm obscure. I don't amount to much. With all of this going on, I don't have to keep playing."

But the one with the trained ear said, "Every one of us is necessary." When you and I feel obscure, we must remember God has something significant for our lives, and we need to respond.
— Gordon Johnson, "Finding Significance in Obscurity," Preaching Today, Tape No. 82.

But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister: And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all. (Mark 10:43-44)

No comments:

Post a Comment