Monday, January 16, 2012

God is Still in Charge!

In these uncertain times it is good to know that God still is in charge of what’s happening. Indeed, our touchstone should be God’s faithfulness, especially when our faith falters in the midst of the world’s hopelessness and helplessness. Someone said, “The will of God will never take you where the grace of God cannot keep you.” How profound! Here is another helpful thought: “The most tempestuous wind cannot disturb the quiet of the stars” (J.H. Jowett). But we have to look UP to see the stars!

If God has a special hour in the day, I wonder if it would be 4am to 5am! For years that has been my personal hour with our Father. Sometimes I go outside and look at the stars and thank God that they will be there tomorrow, too, and forever. No matter what happens today, those stars will be shining for us tomorrow!

Here's another thought while we are contemplating nature. I have noticed that the most beautiful sunrises are in stormy weather. At least where I live, it’s quite a spiritual experience to watch the sun rise behind a menacing storm cloud. What a message from our Father!

Here are a few verses from God’s Guide Book:

Numbers 23:19: "God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind."

James 1:17: "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Hebrews 3:8: "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."

Psalm 91:4c: "His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart."

Psalm 33:11: "But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations."

Job 36:5: "God...is mighty, and firm in his purpose."

Psalm 89:34: "I will not alter...what my lips have uttered."

Psalm 102:27: "But you remain the same, and your years will never end."

Psalm 110:4: "The Lord has sworn and will not change his mind..."

Malachi 3:6: "I the Lord do not change."

Titus 1:2: "...[A] faith and knowledge resting on the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time..."

Hebrews 6:17,18: "Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope offered to us may be greatly encouraged."

Isaiah 46:10: "I make known the end from the beginning...I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please."

Job 42:2: "I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted."

No comments:

Post a Comment